Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Cherie Amour Progress


After some car-ride knitting on the way to and from NYC/NJ this weekend, my Cherie Amour has progressed nicely up to the armpits (it's a quick knit--size 13s will do that for ya!)
The pattern is great no-brainer knitting for the most part, though the variegated dark yarn made it surprisingly hard to see the lace pattern clearly, thus making it strangely more tricky for my mind to process the pattern. I'm making the size XS and it seems to be fitting so far--the acrylic yarn is SUPER stretchy and cozy, but unfortunately has very little element of drape--I might crochet a beaded edging along the bottom hem just to give it some weight, but we'll see how it sits once finished. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the pooling of colors in the bottom area yet--I think I like it, but again, that'll really be determined by the finished piece. It's not as if I'd frog (uh, not too worried about salvaging the mill end yarn!) and re-knit the piece unless it is grossly non-proportional, so it's a bit of a moot point.
Please excuse the flashy cat-assisted photo, but it's about all I can do to take an occasional decent photo of a coveted FO, much less a not-even-half-finished WIP. This was actually the kitten on better behavior. After the photo was taken she tried to chew on first the yarn, then my Denise needle cords. They are squishy I guess, but you better believe I put a quick end to THAT nonsense. I love those damn things.
Oh, in other news--I finished seaming up the Tigger Baby Sweater and brought it up to be passed on to the recipient, a little Chinese girl recently adopted by one of the boy's cousins. Of course I forgot to take a picture before giving it away so I'll have to hope for an action shot on the cute baby herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home