Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

WIPs, progressing nicely!

Despite my recent book acquisitions, I've been good about not starting anything new (other than doing a little swatching for Teva Durham's Lace Leaf Pullover, shh, don't tell anyone). I've just got two "active" projects, and one's almost finished!

Pattern: Tigger-Like Baby Sweater
Yarn: Jamie Baby "Happy Print" (held doubled throughout) and mystery pink acrylic.
Needles: US size 10 and 10.5
Mods: I adjusted for my (very) different gauge and made the collar in the contrast color rather than main color.
Notes: I liked the Tigger pattern because it's pretty simple and I thought the little pink stripes would be fun--the sweater as a whole reminds me rather of a cupcake. Hopefully if I can get my butt seaming along it'll be in one piece before the intended baby recipient outgrows it!


Pattern: Tubey, from Knitty
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in grey from the stash
Needles: #8 bamboo straights and dpns
Mods planned: Lace panel and ribbing along back/sleeves, not going to increase for belled sleeves. Will start knitting both sleeves from the center of back rather than one side to make lace symmetrical. Body to have lace/cable panels in front, 2x1 rib rather than 3x1 throughout.
Notes: Can you tell I can't start any new project without wanting to throw in lace panels everywhere? It's a disease, I tell you, a disease! Maybe by the time I get to the body I'll be ready for some totally totally mindless knitting and skip out on the lace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home