Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

VK Lace Edge Jacket - Done!





Pattern: Lace Edge Jacket from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 06
Needles: #9 Denise Circular, F crochet hook
Yarn: Sugar n Cream in 'Ecru' for main body (about 11 ounces) and in 'Jute' for trim. Pink trim is Bernet Softee Chunkee in 'Pale Antique Rose' (I couldn't find a pink I liked in the Sugar n Cream)
Notes: I knit this in size small. While I was worried after knitting the back that it was turning out too big, it actually worked out that it fits tightly! Thank goodness, because I anticipate that the yarn is going to grow/droop a lot. It's actually rather stiff right now. This is actually my first FO with Sugar N Cream, we'll see how it wears. The pattern itself was a very quick, easy TV-knit--it was brilliant how much of the front is just made up of the crochet. I'm trying to decide whether I want to go the button or shawl pin route--I whipped up a quick shawl pin in pink shades (visible in the close-up shot) but it's certainly more of a pain to pin than button. I didn't do much in the way of modifications, other than leaving the last row of crochet off the sleeve and body trim--it's essentially a picot edging which I didn't care for. I'm pleased with my color choices too (didn't go too far off the model)--while it doesn't go particularly well with the lime-green tank I was wearing this afternoon it'll be the perfect coverup for many a sundress that I own. All in all, I'm very pleased.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty!!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Marnie Grace said...

This is gorgeous! You're inspiring me to finish mine. I just picked it up again today and got the 1st sleeve done. One more sleeve, seaming, then the crochet and it's done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home