Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To knit-list, part deux.

La Lace-Edge jacket, she is done! No pictures yet, as my photographer has recently started law school (the night version) and has been unavailable to take a nice picture of it in natural light. And I insist that it be shown off in all its glory. Currently on the needles is Tigger in two very different yarns than the ones featured--Jamie Baby, held doubled (I've got a huge stash of it, all in a multicolor print called "Happy Time!", with exclamation point added by me.) and pink stash acrylic. It's for a new baby in the boy's family, which baby will hopefully not be gianormous being that the sweater is turning out less than huge.
On to the knit list!

More from Knitty:
-Arisaig - Beautiful, yes. Three-ply lace, also yes. I'm pretty sure I can find an appropriate yarn in my stash (being that I sit on yarns thinner than worsted weight like they're...10-year bonds?) but the question is whether I feel comfortable committing to a project like this right now. All the finished ones I've googled up look amazing, though...
-Soleil - A nice, basic tank, with a little lace edge. I'd make a lot of modifications if I did knit it, and I'd probably change to a different lace pattern along the bottom edge. Eh. Sounds like too much work for right now.

Elsewhere:
-Knot Ugly Shrug from Stitch N Bitch; The Happy Hooker - A simple, simple, simple pattern and a quick project. And I've been recently really into the shrug-as-accessory trend (years too late, I know) due to the whole 100+ degrees outside/50 degrees inside phenomenon.
-Wedgewood Blouse from Interweave Knits Summer '06- I love the design, I love the neat paisley bobble and cable pattern (I've never knit anything with bobbles, mostly because usually when I see them they look exceedingly silly.) I'd definitely do some waist shaping. I don't think I have a yarn for this in the stash either.
-Lotus Blossom Tank, also from IK summer '06 - I like the clever way the straps are made, though it looks like the neckline could turn out rather floppy. I have a bit of purple Microspun in the stash that might do, but the question is...will I get gauge? And almost as important...would I like it in purple?
-Picovoli - I've always meant to knit this--it's a project that seems both A) super easy and B) wearable to work, which are both huge huge pluses. For instance, I adore my Cleo, but I hardly ever get a chance to wear it, being that it's hardly work-appropriate!
-Lace Leaf Pullover, from Loop -d- loop as well as Summer '05 IK - Much like many of Teva Durham's projects, I love the design, I love the construction, but I hate the bulky yarn. I've knit enough designs in bulky yarns to realize that I don't like the way bulky yarn projects feel. Even with waist shaping, I'm convinced it'll make me look shapeless as well. However, I might just fudge down on the gauge a bit and go for it once I find the perfect grass-green yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home