Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Two new arrivals



Meet Mei--our new 9-week old kitty. I had quite the day driving her from shelter to home to vet and back! (Not to mention dropping her off briefly at my parents' while I went food shopping for her.) Mei means little sister in Chinese, and sounds a bit like "May", which happens to be the month in which she (and I!) was born.
Don't let those big anime eyes fool you, this was one of the few pictures I could get of her staying still. She's got a personality rather like Milo (maybe it's the siamese in them) -- talkative, affectionate, and liable to climb all over anyone within her little reach.
She's already managed to pry off the Y and F8 keys from my laptop, also.
It's going to be trouble...
The other new arrival--I've got FO, for the first time in probably...a year? I made the hound's tooth cap from vogue knitting of winter 06/07. Specs:
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (100% acrylic from the stash. yeah baby.) in Grey Heather and Soft Pink
Needles: #10 denise circular, #10 plastic dpns
Modifications: I didn't do an elastic band, just folded the edge over. The visor was cut from a plastic salad container, so I do worry about the edges wearing through the yarn a little. .
I'm actually quite pleased with how the hat turned out--perhaps when it's not 95+ degrees out I might favor y'all with an action shot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home