Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

White Cleo - Finished!


Front


Back

Whoo! I'm going to be one hot mama...if summer or even spring EVER arrives in the city.
I love how the falling leaves pattern looks in this cotton, and it kept my interest going I think more than stockinette would have. I made the front apron about 3" longer to give the pattern more room to develop, if you will.
I liked this pattern, too--how it allows a custom fit and really is beautiful in its simplicity. I only used one band of elastic at the top edge of the lace band, since it seems to be enough to keep the top in place. (And also I only had enough thin elastic for one band...though I have yards and yards of wide elastic, bias tape, piping, lace hem facings, etc. etc.)

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your site through craftster and I LOVE this shirt! Is there any way that this could be coverted to crochet?? Btw, I'm padray on craftster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home