Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Skull Heart Wristwarmers

I made these for the secret Friend of Craftster swap and never got around to posting about them. Unfortunately I've since forgotten most of the details about them.


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in pink and grey, and a brushed black acrylic from my stash.
Needles: Size 7 dpns
I essentially took the hat that my partner had on her WIST and morphed them into wristwarmers. Wristwarmers are an easy thing to design without a pattern--I just did up a quick gauge swatch, measured around my wrist and around my hand at the thumb (the narrowest and widest points) and did some math for the increases and decreases. I started and ended the wristwarmers with about a 1" band of ribbing for a cozy fit.
These were my first attempt at fair isle (I typically don't like the look of colorwork) and I was pretty happy with how the designs came out. I think had I used colors with more contrast the skulls would have popped out more, but I think you could tell what they were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home