Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mack Goods


It's official. The Etsy store has taken over my life. I check it obsessively, I list things daily, and I have an ever-growing stash of polymer clay foods. I spent the afternoon working on a custom order (8 bacon stitch markers) and putting together promo materials (charms, business cards).
Should I have been streaming a lecture on gastrointestinal neoplasms? Yes.
Did I? No.
Above is a collage of some of the things I've been making lately. It's interesting to me how the store has developed and taken new directions in a manner which almost indicates to me a life of its own...random ideas for new things to make pop into my head at night before I fall asleep, and I'm compelled to make them. Some are hits, some are misses. It's a fun time. Oh. What's in the picture, you ask? Clockwise from upper left: Fresh Grass Yarn Necklace, Carrot Earrings (as yet unlisted), Luna Bird Necklace, Fried Egg Hairpins, Tiny Lime Hairpins (just listed, and just sold!), Pearly Lining earrings (unlisted).

5 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

The grass necklace is pretty- what's it made with? Floss?

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks! It's actually made with a picture of green yarn embedded in clay. Shh, don't tell anyone.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger RedThread said...

the "yarn" pendants are brilliant! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find transparent clay? I've never seen such a thing!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Sara said...

There's translucent clay which you can roll very thin and glaze to get a pretty transparent effect, or there's also TLS--transparent liquid sculpey, which works great at encasing pendants like this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home