Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Rise & Shine Necklace!

I've been making a lot of goodies for the Etsy shop and barely have time to list them all, much less blog about all of them. I'm so pleased with this one, though, that I felt it was blog-worthy. I present to you: the rise & shine necklace!

I've been wanting to make plate-o-food necklaces for quite some time now, but just a plate by itself seemed so...forlorn and incomplete. I found these knife and fork charms and voila, the necklace! The chain is repurposed from a necklace that had a bunch of dangly stuff on it (now replaced with breakfast).
In other exciting news, the Mack is Back sale generated $114 for the no-kill shelter, yay! It was really exciting--I think the sale definitely boosted sales, which was AWESOME. Crafting stuff + helping kitties = crazy cat lady nirvana.
So I decided that I'm going to continue this donation business--way back in september of last year I posted about Joggin for the Noggin, an organization started by some amazing folks to benefit brain cancer research. From now on, I will be donating 15% of the purchase price of every item to them. Brain cancer= bad! Craftiness = good!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Melannen said...

I adore that necklace!! I wish I had money, I'd snatch it right up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home