Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Friday, November 25, 2005

My New Favorite Scarf


I present to you--The Grass Scarf!
Specs:
Yarn: Moda Dea Eden in "Fig Leaf", Bernat Matrix in "Acid Axis" (who came up with that one?!)
Needles: 10.5 Aluminum
Pattern: Basic 3-wrap drop-stitch over 11 stitches.
Despite this being possibly the fastest knit ever, it still took me approximately 2.5 hours of knitting just to whip this baby up. But I love her. I love her sooo much. She ranks up with my White Cleo and Pink Mobius Stole as one of my favorite things I've knitted, but unlike the above two I might actually wear this. And possibly wear it every single day. I love it that much.
Gah. This was so easy that I may now be addicted to novelty yarns. Yikes. I see a lot of drop-stitch scarves in my gift-giving future!

Close up of my precious

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger mist said...

Hello, Sara! :) I just wanted to let you know that I have "borrowed" the pattern/yarn composition for your grass scarf. I figure you put it up there for inspiration purposes!

This is my first scarf (I just started knitting like three days ago), so it is very easy and immediately gratifying. I really like the rest of what you make, especially the sweater (which is way more charming with the buttons over to the side I think.)

Anyhow, keep up the good work, your blog is one of my new favorites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home