Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Whoo!

I spent quite a bit of time this afternoon working on a covered altoid tin (it would be my first!) for my mom as a birthday present. I was so inspired by these amazing tins (and various other polymer clay goodies) to actually play with Fimo. I was roughly following this tutorial on covering an altoid tin, but damn, it is much more of a pain than it would seem, particularly when you're trying to roll out sheets of clay with a pencil. (I guess it's sort of my own fault for not going out and getting some real tools.) The tin is blue and yellow/gold with my mother's Chinese name on top. I'm planning to put some swirls and arrangements of flowers as decoration.
As I was working on the tin this afternoon, my mom walks into the house and tells me she has good news. She reaches into her bag and hands me a $75 gift certificate to Michael's. She and a friend were in the shopping center this afternoon, and Michael's was having a yarn party of some sort with a fastest knit & crochet contest. They entered and both ended up winning--she was the fastest knitter and her friend was the fastest crocheter.
And I get to reap the rewards. She's the greatest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home