Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Craft Withdrawal

I've had an exam every Monday for the past month, which pretty much has killed not only every weekend but my crafting as well. It's terribly sad and my fingers long to be around knitting needles instead of pens.
So tomorrow I have my last exam of my "month o' hell" and ironically enough it's on gross anatomy. (Spooky.)
I've noticed that as the weather's gotten colder my fingers have gotten colder and stiffer as well. I've been wanting so badly to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves to keep my hands somewhat warmer while typing notes in the frigid amphitheater or in my somewhat-less-but-still-cold house. (I find fingerless gloves ugly but am now thinking that they might be very practical.)
So as soon as I finish that exam tomorrow I'm casting on for ANOTHER project. I'm planning to run a DNA cable down the back of them and do the body in 1x1 rib, in the wooly green yarn I used to make my shamrock pins. I've been wanting to make something with that DNA cable forever, and I don't think I'd have the patience to knit a whole scarf in it (plus I don't know if I could really wear it with a straight face) so this is really the perfect plan.
My only concern is that the wool is a bit on the scratchy side. For some reason I don't think my wrists are that sensitive, but if they don't work out I figure I can always turn them into java cozies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home