Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Fun with Fimo

I was at Joann's browsing around for no good reason and couldn't resist picking up a block of fimo to try my hand at making all those cute little mini foods I keep seeing on Craftster
$15, half a day, and 20 minutes in the toaster oven at 265' later, we have:

The penny is the obligatory size marker, of course. On the left are some early attempts with a block of translucent (who knew?) fimo colored with eyeshadow to make cake slices, really crappy rabbits, and some flowers. If I had known I was using translucent clay (i.e. actually read the package) I wouldn't have tried to make the things I did with it. On the right are my versions of Twinkies, Ho Hos, and Cupcakes which are made of opaque clay and have yet to be baked, actually.
And there goes another day of my life, magically transformed into tiny globs of plastic crap.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Those are really cute!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger gray la gran said...

that's some mighty cute plastic crap! i'll take two cupcakes and a ho-ho! i've got to try this ... it would make great stitch markers for my crafty knittin' friends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home