Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Mobius Stole - Done!


I love, love, love how this came out, despite the fact that when I drew my SO's attention to the lace flower motif he said "Oh, I thought those were mistakes."
I originally got the pattern from here but made the modifications of casting on 120 stitches to make it more snug and omitted the single crochet cinching because I felt the edge didn't need it. I don't think I want to block it as right now it has a very pleasant poofiness.

9 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Do you think the moebius shawl can be converted to crochet?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger BklynVonne said...

Absolutely! All you need is a reversible stitch and off you go!!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Did you use a pattern?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Sara said...

yep--it's linked in the lost above, but I modified it somewhat.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i can't find this pattern link
can you re-post it please
I am about to undertake...with help...my first moebius shawl... in mohair
I love love love how yours turned out
Kathleen in Canada

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

A google search for "mobius shawl" should come up with several ways to do it--one is here: http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Swati said...

What were the final dimensions of your moebius shawl? (I'd like to use a different yarn and crochet hook size). Thanks!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sara said...

The dimensions are basically that it's a 4-foot long strip joined in the middle--if you're going to crochet one, all you should have to do is make a foundation chain that's long enough to wrap around your chest/shoulders, perhaps a smidge longer. Good luck!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home