Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Arctic (Vegan) Fox WIP


from Knitty

Yarn: Bernat Fur Out color 60005 "With it White"
Bernat Boa color 81005 "Dove"
Lion Brand Fun Fur color 098 "Ivory"
Needles: #15 (so far)
Like many others, I've wanted to make this pattern since I first laid eyes on it. Of course, it took me a while to get up the inclination to find appropriate yarns to substitute. The big substitution is the "Fur Out" yarn for the Merino Frappe--this yarn is the fakest of fake furs, totally yucky in the skein, but combined with the feather and eyelash yarns it makes a PERFECT arctic fox-fur. Unfortunately I only bought 1 skein of each (I actually bought about 10 skeins of novelty yarns in various foxy colors and by experimentation ended up picking these three to use) so I've run out and can't continue working until I hit the store.


Yarn Close-up (all polyester/viscose!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home