Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Green Yarn


I've been wanting to make Knitty's Loopy & Luscious for the longest time with the ball of puke-green yarn shown on the left. I don't know what it is, it's just been sitting in my stash eyeing me and saying "make me pretty by pairing me with mohair and big needles into a scarfy thing!" so today I finally schlepped down Atlantic Ave to hit up the LYS and buy some mohairy yarn.
I ended up getting this $10 ball of classic elite Bravo, which is a strand of thick-ish mohair paired with a strand of multicolored nylon. It's in a sweet green/teal/blue color that will I think nicely offset the pukeyness of the other yarn. But it's not thin enough to really do the pattern properly, so perhaps I'll split the two strands and mutilate all three kinds of yarn in some fashion with 17 circulars to make something itchy for my neck.
I sure took the magic out of knitting in that last sentence, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home