Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Cable Ski Band - Finished!


I knit this little earwarmer while watching the LOTR trilogy as well (and forgot to add it to my WIP list)--all that Medieval/Middle Earth stuff made me want to do a nice delicious cable. So this is a few inches of garter stitch (for one ear), a 3-strand plait, and some more garter stitch (to go over the other ear). I cast on using a crochet provisional cast-on and was all excited about doing a lovely invisible join, but, sadly, as you may be able to see in the picture, I got lazy and didn't properly join half of the stitches and also forgot to end on a "smooth" row in the garter stitch. So it looks rather messy in the back, but in any case, it won't show under my hair, and I've learned some valuable lessons.
But I DO love the plait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home