Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Smiley's Hotel Sale!


I stopped by the Smiley's yarn Hotel Sale this afternoon after work with a friend and her friend and her friend.
Oh. my. word.
There was a line out the door, there were people lined around the ballroom for the cash register, and there were some attitudes going strong from people back further in line (they closed the line after a certain point...or tried to...after a while they just gave up and let everyone swarm in. hehe)
I was very very good and restrained myself (also only had a certain amount of cash on me--intentionally!) to some Red Heart "With Wool", Bernat Handicrafter, Paton Cotton, and Bernat Breeze--and two sets of straight needles and some sort of loop embroidery tool that was only $1. Oh, and a bag of 50% mohair that we're splitting up.
Really, I was VERY good (read: half the stuff in my basket left when we got near the registers) and it only took us 2 hours to get through the lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home