Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Cotton Ubernatural - Done!


She's done!
Pattern: Ubernatural, by Glampyre
Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots in "Wonder White" and "Little Boy Blue"
Needles: #13 (as opposed to the pattern's #11s) and #15 Denise circs.
So you may or may not have instantly noticed while looking at the above picture, but this thing is crooked. The two fronts are seriously not the same size. Somewhere very early on in my attempts to re-math the pattern's errors (don't get me wrong, I love the idea and execution of the pattern, it's just really error-filled, even after looking at the errata.) I went astray and didn't notice until I was blocking. Sigh. I don't think it looks bad, I actually think it adds to the chunky-yarn charm of the sweater. Nonetheless, I am upset at myself for letting such an egregious error slip though.
For the sleeves I didn't do any shaping at all, just continued the arm stitches in stockinette until I felt like starting the ribbed cuffs (which are just the tiniest tad too long). I think the size is fine, I was worried that I'd stopped the increases too early, but the cotton is very soft and floppy and if anything I'm worried that as it wears it will get bigger and droopier.
I got the buttons at the dreaded Wal-Mart on sale. I was all upset because they had these pretty mother-of-pearl-ish buttons that would have been perfect, except they only had 6 of them in stock. Then I rummaged in the sale bin and found these ivory buttons with a swirl pattern and ended up getting 8 for $2. Yay.
So in summary:
Cons: Crooked. Cotton is floppy. Cuffs TINY BIT too long.
Pros: Cute. Snuggly. Fits great. Buttons on sale.
I'm happy.
Another headless shot:

1 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it still looks pretty...more like a design feature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home