Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yellow Baby Sweater- Done!

I put the final touches on my yellow baby sweater today.

Here is it blocking on my armchair.



And being modeled by said armchair.

A close-up of the button I used--this antique (erm, it's at least from the 60's, should I call it retro instead?) mother of pearl surrounded by patterned silver.
The stats:
Yarn: Bernat CottonTots in Sunshine
Needles: #8 and #6 Denise
As I said in a previous post, I combined two patterns--the Baby Ensemble Sweater from my Knitting Know-How booklet, and the Cotton Jacket with Tie Bow from Debbie Bliss' Easy Knits. It's basically just like this and this, but with a shorter body, moss rather than garter border, and a single buton and bow at the neck.
I'm pretty happy with the way it came out--with the exception of the moss stitch at the neck being a little wonky. I like the moss stitch much better as a trim than garter. I really have to get some cute, well-lit babies to pose with my sweaters on. The armchair in fluorescent lighting just isn't showing off my knitting to advantage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home