Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Laptop!

Since we got a new laptop for med school (yay!) I've been noticing that just throwing it in the big compartment of my bookbag is resulting in some surface scratching. (boo!)
I want to knit up a laptop sleeve, and while sitting in class ignoring the lecturer I thought "how cool would it be to have an intarsia sacred heart on a laptop sleeve?!" and started thinking up what yarns to do it in.
Then of course I got home and decided that a sacred heart, being...religious iconography...perhaps would not be the best choice for a technophile agnostic, (however attractive it is from a design perspective.)
I thought about it some more and decided to do a fun heart with sash and dagger. And now I'm all excited about this project (it would actually be my first attempt at intarsia!) but I still have presents for two expectant mothers to finish!

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am not the only person knitting a case for my laptop. Mine is th felted one from the Fall '05 Vogue Knitting. So far, so good!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home