Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Eating and knitting...pretty much an ideal night!

Last night we had some friends over for dinner--the boy made chicken parm and spinach-ricotta ravioli. Technically I "made" the ravioli, but I was just a sous-chef or line cook or whatever you call it to his Mario Batali. It was delicious. I don't know how he does it but I suspect it's a combination of genetics and a willingness to use a lot of eggs and cheese.
After dinner the boys talked about engineering while I taught D how to knit. I just showed her to cast on using the knit method (there's probably an actual name for it, it's just the way where you knit and pass the loop over) and the knit stitch, but she's pretty well started on a blue variegated scarf. Sure, it's boring that everyone makes a scarf when they first start out, but it's really the best project for getting proficient at the movements of knitting--and more useful than a square potholder of some sort.
I don't know if I'm really a good teacher for anything, but I would like to teach more people how to knit--if nothing else because then I'll have people to stitch and bitch with!

2 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Juniper said...

Dude, I could kiss you. You have no idea how much your surprise package made my whole day absolutely fabulous. I spent my entire shift at work flaunting the goodies you sent to all of my coworkers, who responded with blank looks. They don't understand, but I fully appreciate everything you sent. I actually squealed with delight when I pulled out the AV book and then purred at the yarn. The altered tin turned out beautifully, and I suspect it will end up being some sort of portable shrine of purple awesomeness.


So......er........um......thanks like whoa. ^_^

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Yay! I'm so happy you liked it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home