Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Watermelon time!

In this last week before residency starts, I've been trying to eke out every drop of lazy-summer goodness out of my days, and have been enlisting the help of watermelon to do so...what better summer fruit? You can't bring a watermelon to work as you would an apple...it just screams out "party on the back deck!"
So, in tribute to my watermelon kick, I present to you two watermelon...err, creations:

Frozen Watermelon Mojito
I bought a bottle of Bacardi Grand Melon and kept making watermelon mojitos with it (like anyone with mint in their garden, I need lots of ways to use up the rampaging beast of a plant) I noticed in my online recipe browsing that there were some frozen watermelon cocktails, so...here we are. Freshly squeezed limes, muddled mint, simple syrup, and a mix of frozen and unfrozen watermelon chunks. Add rum if desired.


My first-ever completed cross stitch, incorporating both the goodness of watermelon and the juvenile-ness of, well, me. I stitched the watermelons while listening to A) seemingly endless online orientation training powerpoint clips and B) WNYC's radiolab podcast. I have to say, overall I think I'll still stick to knitting, as it's something I can do without taking my eyes off the TV screen, but cross stitch does have the benefit of being much more compact (great for tucking into one's bag for interminable flight delays that happen pretty much all the time now.)
Did I just blog about the benefits of knitting vs. cross-stitch?
What on EARTH am I doing to do with myself when I'm ACTUALLY 80 years old?

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dre said...

LOVE radiolab. And when you're 80, you will have the quarterlife crisis that you missed out on, buy a motorcycle and roadtrip across Europe. I call shotgun if you get one of those motorcycles with the extra seat on the side!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home