Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

FO Sunday: Creamsicle Sweater


Yarn: Schachenmayr Aurora Color in Orange colorway
Needles: 7 and 8
Pattern: More or less, Yoke Pullover (#11) by Charlotte Quigglin the Holiday 2005 Vogue Knitting
This sweater has been sitting around half-finished for about a year and a half now. Obviously I did not do this as a fair-isle sweater–I wanted a completely mindless knit for this yarn, and the mindless bit included not having to do any thinking re: pattern.
I followed the pattern as written (minus the fair-isle) except for the yoke bind-off, where instead of using a picot bind-off I worked a few rows of garter stitch to finish the edge.

I'd give this sweater an overall "eh".
Yarn: The yarn makes for a dense, squishy fabric that's very comfortable, however the yarn itself is only "eh" to work with, as it's a knit ribbon tape that is easy to snare/catch/split while knitting. The cotton also makes for a heavy sweater--very drapey.
FO: The sweater is overall a bit too big--the sleeves are bit too big, the body is a bit too big, the neckline is a bit too big. It's not the end of the world, I just usually prefer a tight, fitted silhouette. There are also a few things that bother me, such as the slight lumpiness around the neck made by the DCs, and the holes made by my DCs in the sleeves (you can see these in the shot of the back.
I'll probably wear this once or twice, but it definitely won't be a mainstay in my wardrobe.
Oh, right. And it's bright orange. That probably didn't help either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home