Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Steek Tank- Done!

Just in case my recent posts have convinced you that I've gone Etsy crazy and stopped knitting altogether, dear reader, I have an FO to show you!
Presenting....the Teva Durham Loop-D-Loop Yarn-Over Steek Vest!


I had to throw in the view with mack sitting in the window staring out. He looks evil...and that's because he is. But I adore him anyway.
The stats:
Yarn: Moda Dea Ticker Tape in Pink Passion (about 4.5 balls)
Needles: Denise #15 circulars
Pattern modifications: I added an extra 1" to the bottom ribbing band, and inserted an extra K and P row even after Row 1 and row 4 of the neck/shoulder shaping (4 extra rows, total, on each side). This basically made the tank longer and thus fit my torso a bit better (I'm sick of finding after I've finished that I made myself a belly shirt.)
I've been wanting to make this tank top ever since I first laid eyes on it. I just had to get the right yarn for it, and the Ticker Tape was on sale for $3 a ball. Despite my recent projects, I rather dislike yarn with colorways in it. I know, I'm a bad bad yarn snob in that I don't like yarn that self-stripes itself in every color of the rainbow, but I just don't care to wear rainbow-colored sweaters. And it's not because I'm anti-pride or anything like that, so don't even go there. Oh, where was I? The tank top.
I love how quickly this knit up, what with the #15 needles. Like most big-yarn knits, it's very bulky, but since it's a sleeveless tank top and is missing essentially a slice down the front, it doesn't look too bad.
And...an action shot (pardon the armpit and what looks like a double chin) with lots of little ends hanging off...I subsequently wove the ends in and wore it on the town for a hot date involving pizza, stromboli, and shopping for used CDs. Sweet.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Erica Bunker said...

That is so cute. I have that book too!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were selling it I would very likely buy it! It's amazing!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shirt is beautiful! It looks great on you too! ^-^v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home