Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sushi Stitch Markers


The finished sushi - Clockwise from top: Shrimp (Ebi), Tuna (Maguro), Egg (Tamago), Eel (Unagi), and Salmon Roe (Ikura)
These were a custom Alchemy order on Etsy.com --basically, Alchemy is a place where people can post items they'd like to be crafted, and folks can bid on projects they'd like to do. You can also ask for custom orders from a particular shop/artist, which is how it happened here. I was so flattered--this customer had bought my meaty stitch markers and I'm so happy that she liked them.

I think they came out pretty darn cute, if I may say so myself--my favorite has got to be the salmon roe-it took a little extra time rolling each of those little guys individually, but I think the result is just somehow really precious.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeks! Again, I am tempted to purchase your stitch markers, but I don't do enough knitting with them to warrant more stitch markers just yet. :)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Aww--I do appreciate all your nice comments though. Just let me know when a birthday's coming up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home