Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Food Earrings

It was suggested to me on one of the craftster boards that I do something with my mini foods other than stitch markers, since not everyone knits. I figured that this was a good point and so I made some earrings--it wasn't hard, I just replaced the nickel steel jump rings with sterling silver chain and hooks, and look, I'm in business!
Basically, I figured these were the foods that translated best into earrings--I thought the t-bone steaks (my personal favorite) were a little weird, but I don't know why eggs are ok. No one's bought them yet, I wonder if I should just use regular ol' base metal findings and sell them for less (sterling is expensive, yo!)



So, I finally got around to using the TLS to make gravies/sauces/jams. I'm loving how the peanut butter and jelly look with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home