Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Fuzzy Halter


From my wicked imagination.

Amidst the suitcase of yarn I brought back from China was 3 little balls of this white acrylic eyelash-type yarn. Very few eyelashes, and every inch or so a little poofy bobble (which bobbles, incidentally, make it a pain in the ass to work with because they catch on each other). I've been envisioning this glamorous halter top made out of this stuff, and voila, one not-so-lazy Sunday afternoon later, here it is. And me showing some skin on the internet to boot!
I think I did an ok job without working from a pattern--I love the spontaneity and freedom afforded by crochet, I probably would have had to think a lot more to have knit this project. The bottom half looks a bit messy but I sort of like the ugly randomness in contrast to my little ribbon tie up top. Yay! My first project made without a pattern (since my first knitted project ever, the all-garter-stitch scarf)!


1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I like your halter. Very hippie chic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home