Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Monday, August 02, 2004

"Just Ducky" Hat


From p2 designs

Yarn: Cascade 220 in Goldenrod
Needles: #7 dpns by pattern, #5 dpns by me because that's all I've gotz.
This is the CUTEST hat and sock set ever. I wanted to start working on this set so badly that I didn't even wait until the weekend Jersey (read: wal-mart) expedition to get the yarn. Yes, mssrs et mmes, I actually bought non-acrylic yarn at a store other than wal-mart (knit-a-way, just a brisk walk away, on Atlantic). And then I had to measure the diameter of all my dpns with Chris' super-precise electronic caliper since I got them all from my mother and I've really never used them. And so then I had to learn how to use dpns. And then on top of that, I had to search the internet for toe-up sock techniques since I've never knit a sock, much less a sock from the toe up (and for the record, I never intend to, as my feet are far too stinky and I knit far too slowly). And then I didn't read the pattern closely so I neglected to do some increases.
So the long and the short of it is that the beak of this duck hat will be a little...crooked...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home