Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Score!


Picture of various yarns acquired at rummage sale. In the bag is a half-finished sweater with an unexpected bonus pair of both straight and circular needles. I hate to unravel but the color scheme isn't for me, and neither is the size. Also a half-finished/unraveled mardi gras multicolor thing (capelet?) with a tag that says "Capri" somewhere in there. Congratulate me, 95% of this yarn is NOT acrylic!
In addition to the yarn and notions, I picked up half a dozen tremendously exciting pattern books/pamphlets.
Oh, and I got about 30 books, ranging from my favorite modern library versions of classics dating from the 40's to Nick Hornby's How to be Good. The star purchase is a copy of Simon de Beauvoir's The Mandarins.
Today was the best rummage day ever.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Great haul! I have never found anything much at local rummage sales. Best I ever got was a single pair of dpns and then a bit of quilting fabric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home