Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Friday, May 20, 2005


The Thousand-dollar Kitty.
In non-craft-related news, I've been having a heck of a scare involving my big orange baby who's living with my parents.
Yesterday my parents called to say the cat was at the vet because she couldn't eat or drink anything--every time she'd try she'd vomit it back up immediately. The vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with her--her labs and x-rays were normal aside from showing gastric dilation. Anyway, long story short, I've been horrendously anxious for the past two days and we ended up spending around $1300 on all the testing and endoscopy to do what?
Remove a 3-inch piece of grass that had gotten stuck between her nasal and oral areas.
So now we've become one of those crazy families that spend large amounts of money on their pets. But how could we possibly have done differently? If she had cancer or some geriatric degenerative disease, I would consider just putting her down to avoid a drawn-out suffering. But this--she was otherwise healthy (albeit very hungry). How could you say no to this face?

This kitty was the first pet I ever got that didn't live in a cage or tank. She meant so much to me and still does. Look at us both as awkward young-uns:

I'm such a softie.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I''m not familiar with this subject but interesed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home