Knit vs. Crochet

The ongoing drama(?) of a girl torn between two obsessions with too little time.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I'm obsessed.

I just got the Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2005 Issue. (The first time I've ever purchased a knitting magazine, but damn, $5.99 for all those patterns? Sign me up!)
In it is a little tiny ad for the Adrienne Vittadini Spring 2005 booklet which features this ruffled cardigan which I am now obsessed with making. There's no way I'll pay $85 for the yarn, though, so as soon as I pick up that AV booklet I'll need to find a yarn substitution. Stupid knitting, so freakin' obsession-causing.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Bets said...

That would look great on you! Can't wait to see what yarn substitution will work.
P.S. The Bernat Fur Out yarn you used in your cute Artic Vegan Fox has a recall on it due to it being a fire hazard.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Yeah, I heard about that Fur Out recall a while back, apparently it was only for garments knit solely out of that yarn, but I can't imagine that the other mostly-acrylic yarns I mixed it with are particularly flame-retardant....:-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home